explora Travesia Salta
A journey over the South American backbone: the Andes Mountain Range.
A journey over the South American backbone: The Andes mountain range. During this Travesia, the sublime silence and multicoloured valleys of the Andes, natural border between Argentina and Chile, unfold with every step of the way. As you go higher into the mountains, you discover an untouched world in which colours are unapologetic and civilization is as distant as the stars in the night sky.
The Travesia experience allows travellers to experience the world in its naked, raw form, returning to the warmth of food, drink and friendship in an environment that doesn't clash with its primitive surroundings: solitary stone cabins and shipping containers refurbished to explora standards.
Why we like it
- A nomadic journey over the Andes
- Striking desert landscapes
- Detach from civilization
- Wide open spaces
- An authentic experience
At a Glance
Day 1 - Arrive San Pedro de Atacama
Days 2 & 3 - Exploring the Atacama Desert.
Day 5 - Towards the mountain
Day 5 - Crossing to Argentina
Day 6 - Always in the Mountain
Days 7 & 8 - Calchaqui River Valleys
Day 9 - Journey to Salta
- 8 night / 9 day small group journey
- Operates April to November
- Up to 6 passengers per departure
- 3 nights at explora Atacama, 5 nights at remote Altiplano camps
- Scheduled departures, contact us for dates
- Itinerary also operates in the reverse direction