Cruise Patagonia & explore the southernmost region of the earth
Australis operate specialised small ship expeditions through southernmost Chile and Argentina Patagonia.
Visit the far ends of the earth and explore the legendary channels and waterways plied by the early European navigators and the native inhabitants of this remote South American region. Enjoy impressive geography marked by towering glaciers, native forests and exotic flora and fauna.
Surrounded by spectacular and untouched scenery sail on 3, 4, 5 or 7 night voyages aboard the Via Australis (136 berths) or Stella Australis (210 berths).
While opportunities for close contact with nature abound, your on board comfort is not forgotten. All cabins offer the passenger the amenities of a great hotel, professional guides will share their incredible knowledge and the crew will always be on hand to cater to your every need.
Enjoy small group guided excursions on foot and by zodiac and witness an array of wildlife and awe-inspiring wilderness.
Why we like it
- Follow legendary maritime routes through the Strait of Magellan
- Navigate the Beagle Channel, visit Cape Horn or Tierra del Fuego
- Expertly guided activities
- Spectacular scenery and untouched wilderness
- Wildlife, glaciers and incredible sub-polar Magellanic Forest
At a Glance
Fjords of Tierra del Fuego
Day 1: Board the M/V Stella Australis or M/V Via Australis at 18:00 (6 PM). After a welcoming cocktail reception hosted by the captain and his crew, the ship departs for one of the remotest corners of planet Earth.
Day 2: Ainsworth Bay - Tuckers Islets, enjoy zodiac excursions to view Magellan penguins, southern elephant seals and copious bird life.
Day 3: Enjoy a zodiac excursion to view Pia Glacier before cruising east along the Beagle Channel through an area called Glacier Alley.
Day 4: Navigate the narrow Murray Channel and drop anchor at historic Wulaia Bay. In the afternoon cruise across Nassau Bay into the remote archipelago that includes Cape Horn National Park.
Day 5: Arrive in Ushuaia, the world's southernmost city. Disembark at 09:30am.
- Australis voyages operate between September and April
- Choose from differnt 8 sailing itineraries
- Voyages range from 3-7 nights in duration
- Start/end in Ushuaia and Punta Arenas
- One way or round trip options